Terms and conditions for Oakside Holiday Home
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Let set out below. Please read the following carefully on booking your holiday with Carrat Farm Country Cottages ("owner"). You are entering into a legal contract which binds both the (hirer) and the owner in various ways. We have set out the booking conditions with a list of responsibilities and commitments for both parties.
- We do not accept bookings for Stag parties and/or Hen Parties or parties where the entire booking are under the age of 25.
- The number of people occupying any one Property is limited to that stated in the brochure or website, unless by prior consent with the Owner.
- You must pay a 50% deposit on booking, with the remainder of the balance payable six (6) weeks before the start of the Let. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday please send the full rental charges at the time of booking. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, or failure to allow the Owner to take the balance by credit card by the due date (6 weeks prior to arrival), will result in the Owner treating the Property as available for re-booking. No reminders are sent out.
- Please notify the Owner of any cancellation in writing. If a notice of cancellation is received between the dates of your deposit being received and the final payment being due then the deposit will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If cancellation is made within six weeks of the holiday start (i.e. the whole rent has been paid) then the whole amount paid will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If a re-let is successful then a full refund will be made, less an administration fee of £25 per week. If the Property cannot be re-let then no refund will be given.
To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance.
- Should the Property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the Owner’s liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
- No pets are allowed - Guide dogs are accepted. No Smoking inside the Cottages.
- You accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Guests agree to absolve the Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any causes whatsoever.
- You agree to use the Property solely for its intended purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the Owner’s right to refuse to hand over the Property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or other guests, unreasonable behaviour or disrupting the running of the farm may result in the Owner requesting you to leave.
- You agree to allow the Owners or agents access to the Property at all reasonable times. We will only ever request access to your property in case of an emergency, e.g. a water leak.
- You must respect and look after your accommodation during your stay and you must leave the Property clean and tidy. Please let us know of any damage or breakages so we can repair or replace them for the next guests. We reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages.
- You must vacate the Property by 10am at the latest on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been made with the Owner. This is to allow us to prepare the Property for the next guests.
- Guest arrival time is from 4pm onwards.
- All of our portable electrical appliances have been tested and approved within the terms of the new Fire Assesment Regulations. As the use of your own personal electrical equipment is out of our control it must be at your own personal risk
- The owner reserves the right to change any or all advertised prices for the let of this property without notice
- Any online booking made is provisional until confirmed by the owner. Once a booking has been confirmed, a contract has been entered into.
- The "client" will not part with possession of the property or sub-let the property during their stay. No person under the age of 21 years will be permitted to occupy or rent this property unless they are accompanied by a responsible adult aged 25 years or over. Occupancy Oakside Cottage 8 people unless pre arranged with owner.
- The hirer agrees to be responsible for shutting all exterior doors & appropriate windows & securing the property when absent or sleeping
- The hirer warrants that the property let is to be used for the purpose of a holiday. Accordingly, Section 12(2) and Paragraphs of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply to the letting to the hirer.
- No items may be removed from the house including linen and towels. Any breakages or damage must be report to the owner immediately where a cost will be agreed and the hirer will be invoiced. Additional payment will be required from any person who soils a mattress. Replacement mattress will cost £150 single and £300 kingsize. Additional cleaning may also be charged at £12.00 per hour
- A £250 security bond is required payable with the balance payment and is in addition to the rental cost of the property and will be returned to you, no later than fourteen days following the end of the let providing the property is left in the same condition as it was found and the terms and conditions of this document are me with the balance. This is held to be used against any damage, breakages or excessive cleaning costs incurred during your stay.
- Any disturbance to neighbours or complaints will result in the client and guests being asked to leave the property and no refund will be given.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring all guests health & safety when using the Complimentary Hot Tub. Health & Safety notices, which are displayed in the house and beside the tub must be read and observed
- Items left behind are kept for four weeks, after which they are disposed of at the owner's discretion. There is a minimum postage and packaging charge of £10 for items returned.
- Care of the Property The "client" is responsible for leaving the accommodation in a reasonable, clean and tidy condition. In particular the Kitchen area and the Barbecue. The Kitchen should be left in good order ensuring that the cooker is left clean and ready for use by incoming guests and that all dishes and utensils are washed before you leave. No rubbish should be left in the property and all floors should be relatively clean. Failure to comply with this clause may result in an excess cleaning charge. The “client” is responsible for the care of the property and its contents during their stay. The “client” will be charged for the repair of any damage to the property and/or the replacement of any broken items.
- At the beginning of the let you will be provided with an inventory detailing the house contents. Should you discover that the inventory is inaccurate in any way you must notify the owner immediately. Failure to do so may result in additional charges. Any breakages must be reported to the owner immediately.
- Hot Tub Disclaimer The hot tub is complimentary with the house there is no charge to use it. Any disturbance to neighbours after 10pm when using the hot tub will cause the hot tub to be locked and no longer in use for the duration of your stay. Prior to your stay at Oakside you will be asked to sign a “Hot Tub Disclaimer” form. This must be returned to us before any members of your party can use the Hot Tub. The person who signs the “Hot Tub Disclaimer” form will be responsible for the Hot Tub operation during their stay. Please note that there may be occasions where, for Health and Safety reasons, the water in the Hot Tub will have to be changed during your stay. This will make the Hot Tub inoperable for up to 48 hours. There may also be occasions where unexpected maintenance is required on the Hot Tub during your stay.
- We, the owners, cannot be held responsible for any faults that occur, due to unforeseen circumstances, prior to or during your stay which leave the Hot Tub inoperable. We will always try to ensure that the Hot Tub is in working order, however when a fault occurs some parts are not readily available and can take a number of days to arrive.
All bookings are made on the clear understanding that the above constitutes the Terms and Conditions of the booking, and that they are accepted as such. No discussion will be entered into regarding these Terms and Conditions at anytime during your stay.