Terms and conditions for Oakside Holiday Home
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Let set out below. Please read the following carefully on booking your holiday with Carrat Farm Country Cottages ("owner"). You are entering into a legal contract which binds both the (hirer) and the owner in various ways. We have set out the booking conditions with a list of responsibilities and commitments for both parties.
- We do not accept bookings for Stag parties and/or Hen Parties or parties where the entire booking are under the age of 25.
- You must pay a 50% deposit on booking, with the remainder of the balance payable six weeks before the start of the Let. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday please send the full rental charges at the time of booking. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, or failure to allow the Owner to take the balance by credit card by the due date (6 weeks prior to arrival), will result in the Owner treating the Property as available for re-booking.
- Please notify the Owner of any cancellation in writing. If a notice of cancellation is received between the dates of your deposit being received and the final payment being due then the deposit will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If cancellation is made within 6 weeks of the holiday start (i.e. the whole rent has been paid) then the whole amount paid will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If a re-let is successful then a full refund will be made, less an administration fee of £25 per week. If the Property cannot be re-let then no refund will be given.To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance.
- Should the Property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the Owner’s liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
- No pets are allowed - Guide dogs are accepted. No Smoking inside the Cottages.
- You accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests' risk.
- You agree to use the Property solely for its intended purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the Owner’s right to refuse to hand over the Property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance/disturbance to neighbours or other guests, unreasonable behaviour or disrupting the running of the farm may result in the Owner requesting you to leave.
- You agree to allow the Owners or agents access to the Property at all times.
- You must respect and look after your accommodation during your stay and leave the Property clean and tidy.
- You must vacate the Property by 10am at the latest on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been made with the Owner. This is to allow us to prepare the Property for the next guests.
- Guest arrival time is from 4.30pm onwards.
- All of our portable electrical appliances have been tested and approved within the terms of the new Fire Assessment Regulations. As the use of your own personal electrical equipment is out of our control, it must be at your own personal risk
- The owner reserves the right to change any or all advertised prices for the let of this property without notice
- Any online booking made is provisional until confirmed by the owner. Once a booking has been confirmed, a contract has been entered into.
- The "client" will not part with possession of the property or sub-let the property during their stay. No person under the age of 21 years will be permitted to occupy or rent this property unless they are accompanied by a responsible adult aged 25 years or over. Occupancy Oakside Cottage is 8 people plus a baby in a cot, unless pre-arranged with owner.
- The hirer agrees to be responsible for shutting all exterior doors, appropriate windows & securing the property when absent or sleeping
- The hirer warrants that the property let is to be used for the purpose of a holiday. Accordingly, Section 12(2) and Paragraphs of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply to the letting to the hirer.
- No items may be removed from the house including linen and towels. Any breakages or damage must be report to the owner immediately where a cost will be agreed and the hirer will be invoiced. Additional payment will be required from any person who soils a mattress. Replacement mattress will cost £150 single and £300 kingsize. Additional cleaning may also be charged at £12.00 per hour
- At point of booking you will be asked if we can pre authorise a credit card (not taking any money) for the duration of your stay and until we can check the property is left in the same condition as it was found. This is held to be used against any damage, breakages or excessive cleaning costs incurred during your stay.
- Any disturbance/complaints could result in you and your guests being asked to leave the property and no refund will be given
- Care of the Property The "client" is responsible for leaving the accommodation in a reasonable, clean and tidy condition. In particular the Kitchen area and the Barbecue. The Kitchen should be left in good order for incoming guests and that all dishes and utensils are washed before you leave. No rubbish should be left in the property. Recycling bins can be found at the gateway to the property. Failure to comply with this clause may result in an excess cleaning charge.
All bookings are made on the clear understanding that the above constitutes the Terms and Conditions of the booking, and that they are accepted as such. No discussion will be entered into regarding these Terms and Conditions at anytime during your stay.